RESTLESS << Back
A girl of around 8 years old lives her school days bored, always feeling a tingle that she cannot control and a restlessness that leads her to move a little bit more than she should, with its consequent punishments from the teachers and reproaches from her mother.
Only with her Aunt Ine, she feels free, because her aunt gives her an impulse to be herself.
One day, our protagonist discovers a dancing class that she immediately wants to take. The rehearsals are quite messy, from the point of view of what is expected from classical dance, but nothing bad happens if you are allowed to do things in many ways.
A story well threaded by the Argentinean writer Dolores Battaglia for all those boys and girls who are usually labeled as "moved" or who do things "their way". A story that shows that each person is a world and that there should not be fixed and preconceived rules that tell us how we should live and feel.
Illustrated by Cynthia Alonso, an Argentinean illustrator with a very promising upward career. The art of this book was selected for the exhibition and catalogue of the Bologna International Children's Book Fair. The texture of the hair, the white space, the straight and curved lines make the limits of personality dance and escape from any locker. A book to celebrate originality and uniqueness.
- Illustrator: Cynthia Alonso
- Format: Hardcover
- Dimensions: 240 x 260 mm
- Pages: 32
- Reader's Age: 3-6 | 6-8 | 8-10
- REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- Category: Children | Picture Book
- SubCategory: Picture Book
- Theme: Emotions & Feelings | Family & Family Members | Personal Development/knowledge | School | Values
- Publication Status: Published
- Edition: First
- Publication Date: 01-03-2020
- Available Languages: Albanian | Arabic... Check List
- Original Language: Spanish
- Publication Country: Spain
- Publisher: Savanna books