Pick up a Book to Pick Yourself Up << Back
All book readers that have doubts about whether book reading still makes sense and anyone professionally involved with struggling readers (i.e., teachers and librarians); also young parents who need motivation to regularly read books to their children.
Pick up a Book to Pick Yourself Up is a mass market book:
· Although based on the latest scholarly research, the author discusses the meaning of book reading in a journalistic narrative enhanced with graphics in a way that makes the book comprehensible to non-specialists.
· The book’s main point is that in an abundance of digital recreational and informational content in text, audio and video format, readily available to any smartphone user, the nature and perception of book reading has changed as well.
· The author shows that besides enjoying the content, book readers benefit from a set of “positive externalities” of long-form Reading that are not present when using screen media.
· These positive side effects represent an important counterweight to some of the negative effects of social media and as such a allow more balanced and productive use of screen content, thus making the book an important member of the quickly growing media family.
The author discusses these positive effects of book reading in ten short illustrated chapters.
- Author: Miha Kovac
- Dimensions: 140 x 200 mm
- Pages: 156
- Reader's Age: 6-8 | 8-10 | 10-12
- REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- Category: Children | Education | Picture Book
- SubCategory: Picture Book
- Theme: New Technologies
- Available Languages: Spanish
- Original Language: Slovenian
- Publication Country: Slovenia